TIG = Telegraf + InfluxDB + Grafana
Deploy a fully functional TIG stack on your local machine that is ready to receive streaming network telemetry with a single command!
What is the TIG Stack?
A powerful open source software stack that consists of three components:
- Telegraf – collects, processes, aggregates and writes metrics
- InfluxDB – time series database
- Grafana – metric analytics & visualization suite
Streaming Network Telemetry Resources
- Enterprise Streaming Telemetry and You: Getting Started with Model Driven Telemetry
- Streaming BGP Route and Neighbor Counts with MDT
- GitHub: Cisco model-driven telemetry (MDT)
- GitHub: This directory contains YANG models for Cisco platforms
- YouTube: Streaming telemetry: The value of “realtime” analytics for the network
Prerequisites to Building Local TIG Stack
After satisfying prerequisites navigate to directory containing Vagrantfile and issue “vagrant up”! Wait a few minutes and you should have the TIG stack up and running on your local machine ready to receive network telemetry as shown below…